Today’s Leaders Discussing Tomorrow’s Possibilities
Like most events and public gatherings in the age of COVID-19, the Richmond NAP Summit has been postponed in an effort to preserve the wellbeing of its attendees. Similar measures have given way to broadly adopted remote working accommodations, abundant video conferencing, and ever-essential content streaming services. As we’ve all come to rely on the Internet for productivity and entertainment during this time of uncertainty and social distancing, it is important, now more than ever, that we pause to take inventory of what the Internet is and the impact it can have on our future.
The Internet Ecosystem Innovation Committee (IEIC) has recognized the exponential increase in bandwidth utilization over that past few weeks as a unique opportunity for reflection, education, and action. As a result, the IEIC is launching a new series of exclusive talks and panel discussions revolving around the current underlying need to diversify, strengthen, and prepare our Internet infrastructure for times of crisis as well as its growth in fortifying regional economies and their bolstered participation in the Digital Economy.
The IEIC is led by the most influential leaders in their respective industries - Internet infrastructure, gaming, hospitality, healthcare, transportation, education, government, and SaaS companies
How Resilient is Internet Infrastructure?
Preparation in the Public Sector
Dr. Vint Cerf, Google Chief Internet Evangelist and Co-Founder of the Internet
- Steve Alexander, Ciena, CTO
- Jason Black, Uber, Head of Global Network Infrastructure
- Andrew Dugan, CenturyLink, CTO
- Staffan Gojeryd, Telia Carrier, CEO
- Ivo Ivanov, DE_CIX International, CEO
- Vinay Kanitkar, Akamai, CTO
Date: July 23, 2020
Time: 2:00pm EST
Clint Heiden, Founder of the IEIC
- Dean Barbara Boyan, VCU Dean of Engineering College
- Vinay Nagpal, Interglobix, President
- Jon Greaves, QTS, CTO
- Josh Levi, Data Center Coalition
- Jim Medica, Department of Commerce NTIA
- Anthony Romanello, Henrico County